Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Celebrations

Today we celebrated our daughters 7th Birthday. Like all good parents I wanted to make her day at school feel special. I am an huge advocate for having healthy celebrations especially in the classroom.

I asked my daughters teacher to give the class a 10 minute extra recess at the end if the day in honor of Katie. She loved the idea. It was cold today and they had to stay in so the teacher organized a dance party and it was a blast!!

To make sure she had something to pass out to her class - I wrote a poem about the number 7 and we attached it to bright paper. Then we tied the paper with fancy string to a bottle of water. They looked festive and there were no allergy worries or mess to clean up!!

I LOVE creating alternative ways to celebrate. If you want or need ideas let me know - I would LOVE to help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment